Reise nach Aachen

My diary of my trip to Germany in 2005.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Aachen

Monday, 27 June

Woke at around 5.30-6 am. My bro had to drop the car off at a garage which we did at 7.45am then walked into town. Beautiful sunny day. I noticed a lot of dogs and some in shops – something you don’t see in New Zealand (with the all restrictive laws against dogs). It was lovely to see. Browsed some CDs and bought an In Extremo one. In the supermarket saw orange cola – something new to us also, so bought one to try it out.

We had a look in the cathedral and Charlemagne’s dome. Wonderful to see the artwork – gold leaf and tile and the later-period stained glass windows. Tried to feel the history while surrounded by tourists but it felt brilliant to be there – still didn’t quite believe it.


We had coffee and bought brotchen and pastries and sat in the park to eat it. Some guy behind us wearing a hoodie was flaked out, red-eyed, and laughing. The girls thought it was hilarious. He was totally out of it. He got up and left and we saw him later with some food going into another food place – obviously a serious case of the munchies.

Wrote out some postcards we’d bought and I sent an email to my workplace. Listened briefly to my CD. Watched another video in the evening but started falling asleep again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home