Reise nach Aachen

My diary of my trip to Germany in 2005.

Friday, July 07, 2006

London - Aachen

Wednesday, 6 July

I felt depressed. The girls didn’t want to get up. I felt very lonely.

We took the train to Oxford Circus and walked to the British museum along Oxford Street. We had a look at the Egyptian display – there was so much of it to look at and too many people. I found Lindow man tucked away in a corner just as a guided group descended on it so I couldn’t get a good look. I looked at the British and Medieval stuff. I expected more of the Sutton Hoo burial – it was a bit disappointing. We had a snack at the museum, browsed its souvenir shops, then set off along Regent Street, Carnaby Street, Piccadilly Circus, etc. We bought some rolls, looked in Virgin Records (awesome variety)…. I gazed with disgust on a stretch Hummer. Such things should be banned. They’re obscene. We caught the tube back to the hotel to collect our bags and catch a train to Gatwick after 5pm. We checked in and were a few of the last to board for the flight back to Koln.

Arrived in a rainy Koln. We caught the train to Koln central station and had to wait three quarters of an hour for a connecting train to Aachen. The train arrived at Aachen at 12.07 am. K picked us up from the station.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home